The Greater Philadelphia Hotel Association presents Jonathan Landesman from Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC to speak about the flurry of recent legislation affecting your business. More specifically, he will cover recently enacted laws and regulations including:
• The Americans with Disabilities Act of 2008, which significantly expands the reach of the ADA.
• The Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, which has a significant impact on employers' record retention policies.
• The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, which provides for a government subsidy of COBRA premiums.
• The revised FMLA regulations, which provide clarity on a wide range of frequently encountered FMLA issues.
• A recently enacted Philadelphia Ordinance which creates a right to leave for victims of domestic and sexual assault.
We will also discuss pending legislation, including:
• The FOREWARN Act, a bill which would expand the layoff notice requirements imposed by the WARN Act.
• The Respect Act, a bill which would amend the definition of "supervisor" and have a significant impact on union elections.
DATE: Thursday, April 30, 2009
TIME: 8:30am – 10:30am
LOCATION: Doubletree Hotel Philadelphia, 237 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
RSVP to: Sue@philadelphiahotelassoc.org or by fax at 215-557-1970.