“SUCCESSION PLANNING” BREAKFAST – REGISTRATION OPEN
Tapping into the expertise of our association’s Affiliate membership, we have been able to bring you a series of 5 free, educational breakfast seminars this year. All have been well attended by GBCA members and guests. Here is another excellent one you won’t want to miss!
Thursday, November 8, 2007
8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
The Union League of Philadelphia
140 S. Broad Street, Philadelphia
Free breakfast seminar
“Succession Planning For the Construction Industry”
1) Managing the process of family members that work together
2) Developing your management team to prepare for succession of the leadership of the business
3) Business and financial considerations in transferring ownership
4) Legal and estate tax issues in transferring ownership
Each of the 4 panelists will discuss aspects related to their areas of expertise -
· Henry Landes President of the Delaware Valley Family Business Center (DVFBC), will discuss the issues involved with family members working together in business succession Henry is a family business consultant and has worked with over 500 family owned businesses since 1989 and is a contributing editor to Family Business Magazine.
· Philip F. Radomski is a Vice President of Frank V. Radomski & Sons will discuss his experience in preparing your management team for succession and leadership. Frank V. Radomski & Sons was incorporated in 1947. This general contracting firm engages in commercial, industrial and renovation construction. This multi-generational family has a combined experience of over 120 years of construction management. Several of their customers have been clients for over 50 years.
· Mario Vicari is a Director in charge of the family business and construction practices with Kreischer, Miller, a public accounting firm in Horsham PA. Mario will discuss the business and financial aspects of transferring a business.
· Wayne Buckwalter is a partner with Cohen, Seglias, Pallas, Greenhall & Furman, PC in Philadelphia. CSPG&F is a full service law firm with a specialty in construction law and insurance defense work. Wayne focuses his practice on innovative estate and business succession planning. Wayne will discuss the legal and estate tax issues involved in transferring a business.
Use the enclosed registration form to make your reservation today. Questions may be directed to Mary Meszaros at GBCA.