Earlier this week, Philadelphia’s Historic Preservation Alliance hosted its Eighteenth Annual Achievement Awards, where individuals and organizations were honored for significant contributions to historic preservation.
Congratulations to the following recipients of Special Recognition Awards:
- Nicholas L. Gianopulos, PE, received the James Biddle Award for lifetime achievement in historic preservation;
- Scott Wilds received the Public Service Award for preservation in the public interest;
- Germantown Friends School received the Rhoda and Permar Richards Award for service to the Preservation Alliance in connection with the popular Old House Fair;
- Unkefer Brothers Construction Company received the Board of Directors Award for exceptional contributions to historic preservation; and
- Amerimar Enterprises, Inc. received Special Recognition for stewardship of The Wanamaker Building.
The Community Action Award Recipients were The Callowhill Neighborhood Association for organizing community support for the Church of the Assumption, The Township of Delanco, New Jersey for preservation of the Zurbrugg Mansion, and Nathaniel Guest and the Pennhurst Memorial and Preservation Alliance for organizing community support for Pennhurst State School and Hospital.
Congratulations to all award recipients!