This course covered the fundamentals of prevailing wage and all that goes into it. Jon Landesman offered step-by-step procedures for contractors and their personnel to understand and comply with the Davis Bacon Act.
Topics covered by the seminar included the following:
- New penalties and enforcement
- Who is entitled to prevailing wages and other enforcement issues
- Which projects are covered by prevailing wage
- Determining the correct prevailing wage rate
- Remedies and consequences for failing to properly pay prevailing
- Public works contractor registration
- Apprenticeship requirements and enforcement
- Skilled and trained workforce and project labor agreements
- Record keeping and fringe benefit requirements
BONUS: Learn How You Can Use Prevailing Wages to Pay for Apprenticeship Training!