In this webinar, Jonathan Landesman and Anthony Bottenfield discuss two timely topics that construction-industry employers must be aware of and provide practical tips for employers for closing out the year without conflict.
Jon and Anthony examine the increasingly blurry line between legal and illicit drug use, particularly when marijuana is involved, including best practices for employers with locations in states with medical marijuana laws. The presenters also discuss office parties and the added layer of complexity and the increased risk they present for employers during the holiday season.
- Resolving conflicts between state and federal marijuana laws
- Enforcing drug-free workplace policies
- Disciplining employees who possess a license to use marijuana
- How other laws, including OSHA, impact drug testing policies
- Understanding your exposure relating to office parties and social activities
- Practical advice on employee dating and alcohol use