Differing site conditions, delay, scope changes, force majeure events, bad plans and specifications, and failure to disclose information are just a few of the causes of changes that can wreak havoc on a construction project. Change orders in construction projects are the cause of more disputes and lawsuits than any other reason and can mean the difference between a successful project and an unsuccessful one.
Don’t let change orders eat into your profits!
Tony Byler and Shawn Farrell will share best practices that will help your company successfully manage change orders to make sure you come out on top. You will learn about the contractual basis for change orders, their impact on your schedule, contract management, documentation, change management, and much more.
Attend to gain a clear understanding of change orders and be able to:
- Recognize the considerations (both contractor and owner) for processing change requests.
- Prepare appropriate back-up documentation.
- Learn the importance of accurate coding of change orders for cost trending, reporting, and budget reforecasting.
- Recognize the impact of timely processing of change orders.
- Understand the pros and cons of manual processes versus software programs.
- Comprehend the relationship of RFIs, field change requests, commercial correspondence, and other project documentation.
- Implement best practices to avoid or resolve change order claims and disputes.
Attend this seminar to learn best practices in change order management and how to avoid or resolve change order claims and disputes to keep your organization out of court!
Who Should Attend
This session is primarily directed to current and potential project managers of all experience levels. However, all office and field personnel, including upper management, will find the session worthwhile.