On November 30, join Cohen Seglias partners Shawn Farrell and Tony Byler for their Associated Builders and Contractors of Eastern PA seminar, “Practical Training for Project Managers and Supervisors“, in East Norriton.
Your project managers and supervisors are trained to tackle project scheduling issues, labor and material coordination, and safety concerns, but are they fully prepared to defend your company against inevitable payment and delay claims, to maximize your company’s recovery during the project for change work and delays, and to provide and preserve the records and information that will allow your company to succeed on post-completion claims? If not, your company is at risk and your opportunity to recover for valuable claims could be lost.
Practical Training for Project Managers and Supervisors has been specifically developed to help your project team better protect your company and ensure it is getting paid for the work, and extra work, they are overseeing. Topics include tips for proactive project management, suggestions for securing change orders for additional work, and documenting and preserving claims for schedule compression and delay. Emphasis will be placed on awareness of relevant contract clauses, claims procedures, and costs associated with common claims, along with procedures for memorializing claims and presenting them to your customer in a timely, proactive manner.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- Contract review. Understanding the written contract and its implications to administer it correctly
- Key characteristics of various construction contracts including stipulated sum, design/build cost plus fee, and more
- Negotiating with subcontractors and vendors: Cost, completion dates, scheduling — you name it
- Insurance, bonds, and risk allocation. All about managing risk — who assumes it, how much it costs, and why
- Dispute resolution, claims, and liens — including negotiation techniques that can lead to satisfactory resolutions, what arbitration can and cannot do, and some tips for preparing for litigation
- Project Delivery and closeout. The project’s not done until it’s 100% done: releases, waivers, liens, training and final paperwork
Thursday, November 30, 2017
9 am – 12 pm
East Norriton Main Office
430 W. Germantown Pike, East Norriton PA 19403
COST: $50 Per Person