Associated Builders and Contractors of Western PA: Prevailing Wage and Fringe Benefit Compliance Seminar
December 4, 2019 / Gibsonia, PA / 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Marc Furman covered the fundamentals of employee compliance at his upcoming Associated Builders and Contractors Western PA seminar. Topics included:
- Maintaining paperwork necessary for an audit, including weekly certified payroll reports
- Paying the correct rates
- Defining laborers’ work
- Calculating shift differentials and overtime
- Understanding the difference between federal and state prevailing wage laws
- Taking proper credit for fringe benefits
- Vicarious liability for general contractors, and coverage issues, including materialmen and custom fabrication
- Learn how hour banking works and whether it is a fit for your company if you have a workforce whose hours fluctuate.
- Gain understanding of the unique benefit options available to contractors who do prevailing wage work.
- If you have less than 50 employees realize the impact of converting to age-based “ACA Rating” and how to adjust how premium allocations towards fringe rate are handled.
- Discover how new federal rules allow for contractor to switch to a defined contribution health plan and determine if this could be a good fit for your company.
- Leverage your retirement plan contributions from the fringe rate to provide enhanced benefits to owners and key employees.
Marc Furman Partner