Government Contracting Database
Bidder’s Checklist – Construction/Dredging
The following list should be used by bidders to avoid irregularities which have occurred in past bids.
- Have amendments to the invitation been acknowledged on the< bid form in the spaces provided? If not, the acknowledgment must be made by separate letter or telegram before the opening of bids.
- Have prices been inserted for all bid items of the Bidding Schedule?
- Do prices inserted include subcontractors’ and suppliers’ quotations, indirect costs, and profit?
- Does the total bid amount include the costs of obtaining performance and payment bonds?
- Have all prices and computations been checked?
- Is the bid submitted on the latest bid schedule?
- Have changes been made to the Bidding Schedule if required by amendment?
- Are decimal points in the bid prices in the proper places?
- Have you checked for transposition of figures in prices inserted on the Bidding Schedule?
- Is the bid form signed, and if so, is the bid form signed by a person legally authorized to bind the bidder? Is the bidder’s address included?
- If the bid is signed by an agent, is legal evidence of agent’s authority to sign included with the bid?
- Is the Bid Bond on STANDARD FORM 24 (rev. 1-90) or authorized form as directed in the BID GUARANTEE clause of this solicitation? If not, YOUR BID WILL BE CONSIDERED NONRESPONSIVE.
- Is the Bid Bond completely and properly executed, dated not later than the bid opening date, signed by Principal and Surety, corporate certificates executed, and seals affixed, all as contained in “Instructions” on STANDARD FORM 24 BACK (REV 1-90)? Power of Attorney is also required to accompany the bonds. Is the penal sum marked in? If an individual surety (or sureties) is (are) guaranteeing the bid bond, have the requirements of the PLEDGES OF ASSETS clause of this solicitation been satisfied and are the supporting documents included with the bond?
- Has the Plant and Equipment Schedule been completed and included?
- When applicable, has the form entitled, “Work to be Performed with Contractor’s Own Organization” been completed? Does the work or percentage listed meet the requirements of the invitation?
- Have the appropriate boxes been checked in all paragraphs of the REPRESENTATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS?
- Has the certification contained in the provision REQUIREMENT FOR CERTIFICATE OF PROCUREMENT INTEGRITY been completed and signed? If not, and your bid is in excess of $100,000, your bid will be NONRESPONSIVE.
- Have all representations and certifications been submitted with the bid?
- If required by the invitation, is literature, date, catalogs, etc., specified by the invitation included with the bid?
- Have requirements of the LATE SUBMISSIONS, MODIFICATIONS, AND WITHDRAWALS OF BIDS provision of this solicitation been met?
CAUTION: BIDS WHICH ARE QUALIFIED BY THE BIDDER MAY BE CONSIDERED NONRESPONSIVE.
(End of paragraph number 52.214-4018)
Updated: September 10, 2017