Government Contracting Database
The basic steps in conducting a mini-trial are:
- Determine whether a mini-trial is appropriate for a particular dispute.
- Obtain any needed corps management commitments.
- Approach the other parties to get their agreement to participate.
- Select management representatives for each organization.
- Select a neutral advisor.
- Develop a mini-trial agreement.
- Complete “discovery,” as defined in the mini-trial agreement.
- Exchange position papers.
- Hold a preliminary meeting between the neutral advisor and the management representatives.
- Conduct the mini-trial conference.
- Conduct negotiations following the conference.
- Document any agreements reached.
Updated: July 24, 2018
Michael H. Payne ChairMeet Our Team
Related CapabilitiesGovernment Contracting Compliance Contract Negotiation and Formation Dispute Resolution: REAs, Claims, and Terminations Dredging Federal Construction Contracting Federal Contract Administration Protests Small Business Procurement State and Local Government Contracting
News and Publications
March 19, 2019 / Law360Law360’s Government Contracts Editorial Advisory Board
February 26, 2019 / SMACNA Mid-Atlantic CollectionsKnow Your Payment Rights – Federal and Local Prompt Payment Statutes